The Garrett Public Library, in partnership with the Indiana Digital Library (IDL), is proud to offer a collection of over 15,000 digital books and audiobooks spanning all genres and interests. We have adopted the powerful yet intuitive Libby application by Overdrive to bring this to you. Getting started is easy!
First, download the Libby app for your device of choice:
- You will be asked if you have a library card. Select “Yes”.
- You will then be asked to select your home library, in this case “Indiana Digital Library: Garrett Public Library”.
- In the next screen, select “sign in with my card” and select “Garrett Public Library” when asked where you use your card. You will then be asked to input your library card number and PIN (if you’re unaware of either number, GPL staff would be happy to assist you). You may now rename your “digital library card” if you choose, or press “next” to continue.
- Note for Kindle users: The next screen will ask you for your Kindle reading preference. Select “Yes, I read with Kindle” to open books directly to your Kindle device, or “Skip” if you do not have a Kindle or would not like to read this way.
- You are now a Libby user! The menu found at the bottom of the app screen can be used to search for items, view your loans and holds, and manage your notification settings.
Need help? Library staff would be glad to assist you by phone at 260-357-5485, or in person. Alternatively, the Libby help center linked below has tutorials on everything you need to get started.
You must be logged in to post a comment.